2/23/09

English for Specific Purposes - Issues in English for tourism and hospitality



This is an extended paper I prepared on my last year at University (it was a five-year diploma). I choose this theme because this particular area of English-language teaching needs a strong impulse in Portugal (and elsewhere, for my own experience... even in English-speaking countries).

The first impression set on the minds of tourists and potential investors is made by those who deal closely with them at the hospitality industry.

We can not afford to have "Manuels" jeopardising hotel receptions! (You'll need to read the beginning to grasp this...)

Are you interested in computer-assisted language learning (CALL)? How about needs analysis? Yes?!!! Then I recommend reading the last chapter.

No comments: